EffectiveTDs has released Storm, its standalone granular simulation tool. Version 0.2.5 adds expressions for all float and boolean parameters, a Linux version, floating licensing option, the ability for caches and images to be written in the background for up to 2X speed increases, forces based on chunks, a new wind mode force, improved Alembic sequence export to include more data and multiple tool accelerations, improvements on viewport display and other fixes.
New features in Storm 0.2.5
- Reworked grains behaviour, faster.
- Grains can stack much better.
- Grains can go to sleep for faster sims.
- Grains can start asleep.
- Grains can be sticky to and follow deforming/static geo.
- More channels for shading.
- Initial state for particles. Start your sim with an existing simulation.
- Import any alembic camera animation.
- Faster GPU accelerated viewport.
- New particles visualization.
- More data saved on PRT exports
- Adaptive Substepping
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
- Improved collisions.
- SDF visualization improved, grid visualization.
- Internal scale for any geometry
- Volumes can be used to activate sleep particles to turn on/off stickyness or to delete particles.
- Improved friction model.
- Help tooltips directly on all parameters.
- Added shortcuts for fast animation keyframes on any channel.
- Added drop lists, and cycle trough options.
- Gizmos improved and new rotation gizmo
- Improved picking in viewport.
- Playblasting also possible through menu.