Autodesk products crash on launch with a prompt to send in a Customer Error Report (CER). Crash may also happen when logging back into Windows after locking the screen.
There are several potential causes for this issue:
- Missing updates for Autodesk software.
- Wacom service running in the background.
- Older NVIDIA graphics driver installed.
- If a Space Mouse driver is installed, the driver may be outdated.
- DisplayLink drivers on Windows 1903
Do one or more of the following:
- Install the latest updates for Autodesk software: Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements
- Turn off the “Wacom ISD Service” (WTabletServiceISD):
- Firstly, open the Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar or pressing CTRL-SHIFT-ESC.
- Next, click on the “Services” tab.
- Click “Open Services” at the bottom of the window.
- Double-click the “Wacom ISD Service” (or right-click and choose “Properties”).
- Then, change the Startup type drop-down menu to “Manual.”
- Click the “Stop”button.
- Lastly, click “OK.”
- Update the graphics driver from Lenovo: Lenovo laptop support.
- Update the Space Mouse driver: 3DConnexion Download Drivers
- Unplug the Dell Docking Station (DisplayLink) if you have Windows 10 version 1903 (check the version with “winver” on Start).
- Scene Objects Become Bounding Boxes In 3ds Max Viewport
- Refer to render farm service: Super Renders Farm