Chaos Czech has announced the release of Corona Render 7 for 3ds Max. New features include:
- A new Physical Material that boasts greater compatibility with other software and worklows with mapped Metalness, a choice of Roughness or Glossiness mode, and support for clearcoat and sheen.
- 35 built-in physical material presets.
- Corona PRG Clear Sky Model that improves the previous sky model with the addition of aerial perspective, Turbidity, Altitude, and Horizon Blur controls
- Improvements to 2.5D Displacement.
- Faster rendering thanks to calculating passes in blocks, optimized opacity/absorption with multiple hits, faster denoising, and a general speed.
- Faster opening of scenes thanks to loading textures and proxies in the background.
- No artifacts in huge scenes (scenes far from the 3ds Max 0,0,0 origin).
- The built-in library has been updated with improved metals, masonry and woods.
- Fixes to the Global Volumetric Environment
- Updated denoisers.
- Plus much more.
To learn more about the new features, visit the Corona Render blog.