The Blender Foundation has announced that Blender 3.0 is has been officially released. New features include:
- Cycles GPU kernels have been rewritten for better performance, rendering between 2x and 8x faster in real-world scenes.
- More responsive viewports.
- Upgraded OpenImageDenoise.
- A new option to improve shadow termination on low-poly meshes.
- A completely rewritten shadow catcher with indirect and environment light support, an option for lights to be included or excluded, and a new shadow catcher pass.
- Subsurface scattering now supports anisotropy and index of refraction for Random Walk.
- A new asset browser that supports drag and drop for Materials, Objects, and World datablocks.
- Extended geometry nodes support with a re-imagined method for designing node groups, a new attribute system, around 100 new nodes for interaction with curves, text data, instances, and more.
- Updated UI.
- Support for thumbnails in the video sequencer as well as the ability to transform strips
- New VR controller features including the ability to visualize controllers and the ability to navigate one’s way through a scene in VR using controller inputs.
- A new pose library, integrated with the new asset browser
- New modifiers in Grease Pencil plus a polished drawing experience, and Line Art performance improvements.
- Improve file save and load times.
- Support for importing USD files and improved Alembic support.
- Plus much much more.
- Octane 2022 Preview Launches With KitBash 3D, Greyscalegorilla Plus
- Nuke 13.1 Released
- Super Renders Farm – Powerful & Smart Cloud Render Farm