When having problems accessing the Autodesk Materials Library, what is the correct procedure to uninstall and reinstall it?
Possible manifestations of the issue:
- Autodesk Material Libraries are not loading.
- Material Browser is not populated with Materials.
- Error when running/loading Revit: “Rendering features are currently disabled. You must install the Rendering library to use rendering features.”
Only one main reason which is Autodesk Material Libraries are not properly installed.
To uninstall and reinstall the Materials Library:
- Firstly, temporarily turn off User Account Control (UAC) within Windows.
- Next, open the Autodesk Uninstall Tool:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Uninstall Tool\R1\UninstallTool.exe
Note: if Autodesk uninstall tool fails to uninstall material library, please use Microsoft FixIT tool to uninstall it.
Uninstall Using Microsoft Fix it
3. Uninstall the libraries in the following order: Autodesk Material Library
- Medium Resolution Image Library <version>.
- Low Resolution Image Library <version>.
- Base Resolution Image Library <version>.
- Autodesk Material Library <version>.
Note: If working with Navisworks the names and paths are slightly different, see the section below for info on the differences.
4.Then, manually reinstall the material libraries by running the following MSI files: (Installation Media)\Content\ADSKMaterials\2018\
Note: If installing from a download, the installer will be in the C:\Autodesk folder and please replace 2018 with your Autodesk software version.
5. Lastly, after the installation, you might still receive error messages and crash after opening Product (and a file). In this case run a repair for your product:
Windows > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program > [Product Name & Version (e.g. Autodesk Revit 2020)] > Uninstall/Change > Repair or Reinstall > Repair
Note: After this process is complete, it is strongly recommended that you restore the Windows User Account Control (UAC) to display security notifications.
- Cannot Create Shortcut For 3rd-Party Plug-In In 3ds Max 2020.1
- How To Export Zbrush For 3DS Max Animating
- Refer to render farm service: https://superrendersfarm.com/