When working in 3ds Max, existing Layers disappear and pre-existing objects can’t be added to a New Layer in the Scene Explorer ( e.g. meshes, nodes, etc.). Only new objects can be added to a newly-created layer.
Use the attached MAXScript on startup to resolve the issue:
- Ensure 3ds Max is closed.
- Download the attached MAXScript file: fixInvisibleLayers.ms
- Place the MAXScript file in the 3ds Max startup folder:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max <version>\scripts\Startup
4. Restart 3ds Max.
- How to render Point Clouds in 3ds Max 2018 and more recent versions
- Super Renders Farm– Powerfrl & Smart cloud render farm.
- [Error]:”Could not initialize the graphic device” message appears when launching 3ds Max