Maya crashes when opening file while already having the Hypershade window opened.
- Code in the userPrefs.mel file is set to a value of 1.
The line of code causing the crash is:
-iv "minorNodeTypesDisplay" 1
- Unassigned materials might cause the crashing behavior
To solve the crashing behavior of Maya:
- Change the file userPrefs.mel
- Find theuserPrefs.mel file in C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Maya\2019\prefs
- Open the file with a text editor and find the line -iv “minorNodeTypesDisplay” 1
- Change the value to 0. The line should look like -iv “minorNodeTypesDisplay” 0
- Save the file and restart Maya.
- Execute a “Delete Unused Nodes” in the Hypershade
- Open the Hypershade in Maya at Windows > Rendering Editors > Hypershade
- In the Hypershade window, go to Edit > Delete Unused Nodes.
- This function will delete all unassigned materials from the scene file.
- Save the scene.
- How To Install Maya 2020 Silently
- Error: “Unable To Load Optix Library, NVIDIA Driver [Number] Is Either Too Old Or Missing The Optix Library”
- Super Renders Farm – Powerful and Smart cloud render farm.