When opening a scene created in a legacy version of Maya within a more current version of Maya, the UV’s are broken.
The algorithms in newer versions of Maya have been optimized and changed.
All UV’s with history originating from older versions of Maya will be imported incorrectly into newer versions.
To avoid this issue, follow the steps below:
- Open the files in a previous version (Maya 2015 or older)
- Delete non-deformer history on the objects
- Select the Object(s)
- Navigate to Edit > Delete By Type > History > Non-Deformer History
- Re-save the file
Opening the saved file with no history omits the new UV’s from the algorithm.
- “Establish An Internet Connection To Continue” When Logged In As A Standard User In May
- Send To Maya, Motionbuilder And Mudbox Features Are Not Working In 3ds Max 2019.3 And More Recent Versions.
- Super Renders Farm-Powerful & Smart cloud render farm.