Maya crashes on MacOS Mojave
Maya crashes when attempting to apply materials, editing image planes, open the Attribute Editor and other functions under Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave).
macOS 10.14, Mojave
New security changes in Mojave require Maya to be granted access to control the computer.
To grant Maya the necessary permissions and avoid this behavior, follow these steps:
- Close Maya.
- Open the MacOS System Preferences.
- Click on “Security & Privacy.”
- Go to the “Privacy” tab.
- In the left column select “Accessibility.”
- Click on the lock at the bottom and enter the credentials to allow you to make changes.
- In the right column, click the check-mark box next to the Maya.app.
- Click on the lock to finish.