During installation of an Autodesk product, the following error message is display:
The system cannot open the device or file specified.
Here are examples of this message in several Autodesk products:
- The file does not exist.
- Antivirus software is preventing the file from being installed.
To workaround this error, perform the following steps:
- Search for the file listed in the error message to verify that it actually exists. If it doesn’t, download the installer using the Autodesk Virtual Agent (AVA), the Download Now method, or the Browser Download method.
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus software.
- Go to Control Panel > Security and Maintenance > Change User Account Control settings. Move the slider to Never notify.
- Run the installation again.
Note: Once installation is completed, return to Change User Account Control settings and reset the slider and turn the anti-virus software back on.
See the video, Preparing the System for Installation, to learn more.
- All my renders appear black or blank on Maya ?
- Unable to open a file previously working in Maya
- Super Renders Farm– Powerful & smart cloud render farm