Backburner render jobs from 3ds Max show errors; non-ASCII or “foreign” characters appear in the Server log files
Backburner render jobs from 3ds Max show errors; non-ASCII or “foreign” characters can appear in the Server log files. Although the jobs may be submitted from English-language versions of 3ds Max, Chinese characters may appear in the Server error messages.
The following issues may cause Backburner to display non-ASCII character warnings:
- Corrupted Backburner settings.
- Non-English-language characters used in one or more job names or render output name(s).
- Presence of the ALC/CRP MAXScripts, which can corrupt 3ds Max and scene files.
- Rendering to non-supported network devices, such as Linux-based Network Assisted Storage (NAS) drives.
To address these issues, do the following:
- Reset Backburner on each Manager and Server node machine as per the instructions in this article: Reset Backburner user settings to default.
- Remove or rename any non-English-language characters from 3ds Max scene file names (job names) and render output names, folders and file paths, then re-submit the job.
- Make sure to download and install the 3ds Max Security Tools as per these instructions: Third-party MAXScript (ALC) causes scene file crashes, corrupts scene data, gives Script Controller error, or no longer uses the Undo function in 3ds Max.
- Update any NAS software/firmware drivers to the latest versions, especially after Windows 10 updates.
- Error: “[Arnold]: [texturesys] ImageInput::create() called with no filename – Invalid image file” when rendering with Arnold in 3ds Max
- V-Ray and Corona toolbar buttons missing icons in 3ds Max
- Super Renders Farm– Powerful & Smart cloud render farm