When you can’t start the V-Ray license server it pops a dialog box like the one shown below:
This error message appears when the V-Ray License Server cannot find a dongle attached to the machine.
Before you start, make sure the dongle is NOT plugged-in.
- Uninstall the WIBU-KEY driver from Windows Control Panel.
- Update your USB drivers to the latest version.
- Restart your machine.
- Download and install the latest WIBU-KEY drivers from http://wibu.com/download_user.php.
- Attach the dongle to a different USB port, preferably to USB 2.0. Make sure that Windows recognizes the dongle and doesn’t show error messages. To verify that dongle is properly installed please go to the Windows Control Panel > System applet. Choose the Hardware tab and then click on the Device manager button. Expand the Universal serial bus controllers list and check for a WIBU-BOX/RU entry there:
- Rendering Wrong Camera Due To Locked “View To Render”
- All My Renders Appear Black Or Blank On Maya ?
- Super Renders Farm – Powerful and Smart cloud render farm.