“x32 Reader terminated unexpected…” warning appears when importing SketchUp files into 3ds Max
When importing SketchUp files (SKP) into 3ds Max, the following error occurs:
Google SketchUp Import
x32 Reader terminated unexpected…
Note: Occasionally a crash may occur after the import error.
SketchUp (SKP files)
Newer versions of SketchUp files (SKP) are currently incompatible with versions of 3ds Max prior to version 2019.3.
To import files from newer versions of SketchUp, save the SKP files to a 2015 file format. This should allow for the file to be imported into 3ds Max as expected.
An alternative workflow to import SKP files into 3ds Max, is to export the project or model as a 3DS file (* .3ds) from SketchUp. To export the project or model from SketchUp:
- In SketchUp go to File.
- Choose Export.
- Select 3D Model.
- Export the file as a 3DS file format.
Files can be imported into 3ds Max using the following steps:
- In 3ds Max, go to the Application Menu.
- Choose Import menu.
- Select the option Import.
- Select the newly created 3DS file. When importing the file into 3ds Max it should look very similar to the model in SketchUp.
Additionally, FBX (*.fbx) or OBJ (*.obj) formats can be used to export to 3ds Max as well. ( Note: The export and import methods above also support FBX and OBJ formats.)
- Send To Maya, Motionbuilder and Mudbox features are not working in 3ds Max 2019.3 and more recent versions.
- “XAML Parse Error: “.”, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.” when starting 3ds Max
- Super Renders Farm-Powerful & Smart cloud render farm.