When submitting 3ds Max network renders, Backburner gives the error:
adapter returned unexpected code -107374189 maxadapter.adp.exe maxadapter.adp.exe -o n newtask -1
Some 3ds Max scene elements may have become corrupted and are causing Backburner to fail or restart the process after each rendered frame.
Try the following:
- Create a new (empty) 3ds Max scene.
- Go to File, select Import.
- Choose Merge to merge the problematic scene elements (including render settings) into a new empty 3ds Max workspace.
- Re-save the new scene under a new name, then re-submit it to network rendering.
Alternatively, copy the Maxadapter.adp file located in C:/Program Files/Autodesk/ from the Manager PC to the Server PC and send a test render.
Finally, try the steps in this article: Reset Backburner user settings to default
- Can Material Library Files (MAT) Be Saved And Opened With A Maxstart.Max File?
- Error: “Missing Map Files” In 3ds Max
- Refer to render farm service – Super Renders Farm.