The Send To Maya, Motionbuilder and Mudbox features are not working in 3ds Max 2019.3 and more recent versions.
The following behavior may occur when attempting to Send To another program:
- Options may appear grayed out when trying to make a selection.
- After choosing a selection, the corresponding program will open to transfer the data but nothing appears in the Viewport when the transfer completes.
Note: Editing the Syncfg files does not resolve the issue.
3ds Max Update 2019.3 and more recent versions.
To work with the Send To feature in 3ds Max 2020:
- Install Update 2020.3 from your Autodesk Account.
- After installation, go to the folder location: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy.
Note: This location may be hidden in Windows Explorer.
- Open the Max2020.22.0.64.syncfg file in a text editor.
- In the Synergy Configuration file, ensure the content listed there is the same as shown below in bold text. If not, make changes as necessary:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <SynHubConfig SchemaVersion="1.0"> <Application Name="3ds Max" StringVersion="3ds Max 2020" NumericVersion="2020" ExecutablePath="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020\3dsmax.exe" Architecture="x86_64" /> </SynHubConfig>
If preferred, exporting the scene elements as an FBX will allow files to be imported into other applications properly as well:
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Choose Export, and then the second Export option.
- From the “Save as type” drop-down list, select FBX (*.fbx).
- Import the file into the desired Software.
- Slow render times using V-Ray in 3ds Max
- “XAML Parse Error: “.”, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.” when starting 3ds Max
- Super Renders Farm-Powerful & Smart cloud render farm.